Regular Dental Care Is Essential For Adult Patients
Don’t Skip Your Dental Visits
Without obvious symptoms of a dental problem, it can be very easy to let life get in the way of regular dental appointments. Unfortunately, an untreated dental issue will get worse, requiring more involved and costly treatment. Regular dental exams help your overall health and well-being.
Maintaining Good Oral Health Between Visits
Taking care of your teeth and gums between dental visits is simple if you follow these basic tips:
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoride toothpaste, brush twice a day for a full two minutes. To ensure the proper duration, use an electric toothbrush with a built-in timer or set a timer on your phone.
- Floss daily. If traditional floss gives you trouble, switch to flossers, proxabrushes, or even a water flosser.
- Store your toothbrush properly. Leave your toothbrush where it can dry out between uses (upright and in open air is best). Bacteria grow on damp toothbrushes, so let them dry!
- Use a straw when drinking liquids heavy in sugar to help keep the sugar off your teeth. Cutting back on sugar consumption or limiting it to mealtimes helps promote your overall health.
- Drink water after meals to rinse away the food debris and leftover sugar. Saliva is your mouth’s first line of defense, drinking water and staying hydrated allows for proper saliva production.
- Get cavities treated immediately, even if they stop hurting. To prevent further damage and pain, seek dental help as soon as possible.
- Get a professional cleaning at your dental office every six months. Visiting the dentist twice a year significantly lowers your risk of critical health and dental issues.
We Can Help
If you are looking to find a welcoming and friendly dental office for simple checkups or to address dental problems, we are just the dentist you’ve been looking for. The whole team at Richmond Dental Care is excited to meet you! Give us a call at 832-595-2285 or email us to set up your first appointment.